Monday, January 31, 2011

Cleaning up the filing cabinet



Filing Cabinet clean up


This was my dreaded task at hand. I have been putting this off and off and off.

This took me about 2 years to actually start pulling it all out and going through the cabinet.

Well I started about a week ago when I did some research so I could get a general idea of the RIGHT things I need to file and get rid of the stuff just taking up space...Yeah I am a hoarder of instruction manuals. OK I never knew i was hoarding these but oh my goodness there was a TON in here.
I had stuff stuffed on top of the files just to file it away.

I hate clutter. Well, in fact I have high Anxiety over clutter. Yes we can say OCD a little bit. I just need a clean space. This cabinet seriously has given me a panic attack just thinking about having to get this under control. Ha!





Well, I took my time and have the files all cleaned out and ready for the 2nd step of labeling the files and grouping them. Yes another OCD I have to have a system in place otherwise here comes the Anxiety oh trying to find things.



What is left of the files. The stuff in the pink box is stuff that is being kept but in another system as some of it is things like my surgery info and K's and some school papers. But most in the box is empty filing folders that are no longer in use. Filled a few trash bags with shredded papers and Lot's of product instruction manuals
Will post an update once the system is finished..which I have planned for next week :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment